Who we are and what we do...
Startups.be is the one-stop-shop for Belgian tech entrepreneurs with a global ambition. We help them by providing easy and qualitative access to investors, customers and experts. As a non-profit organisation, we connect the dots in the tech ecosystem and we are the voice of the startups in Belgium, looking to foster the startup culture with a neutral and inclusive approach and a national and international reach. Since its foundation in 2013, Startups.be has quickly grown to represent more than 1500 startups, and over 120 Belgian organisations working for entrepreneurs.
What we look for...
We’re chasing a junior creative pokemaster with the following skills:
- Design skills. Photoshop and Illustrator have no secrets for you. You can design banners, presentations, images for social media and flyers without blinking an eye. You know how to make things stand out and look great
- Basic Laravel (PHP) knowledge. Which level of knowledge? At least you understand what’s going on so you can be the SPOC between our suppliers.
- Front end knowledge. Know what looks pretty and usable. Iterate if you realise something is not perfect, your feedback is the golden touch!
- General tech skills for supporting the people in the organisation that are less technical, ie: explaining in layman’s terms the CRM, setting up email, suggesting and supporting tools for streamlining our business.
- You know your way with CMS, especially Wordpress
- An untameable desire to learn and eagerness to think with the team.
- Willing to have a voice in this flourishing ecosystem and not being shy to express it.
- Needless to say, startups give you a fuzzy feeling and their pains keep you awake at night.
- Except ball throwing, you master at least one Belgian language and English
- Be young, dynamic and flexible. Don’t have a 9-to-5 mentality. Because we don’t like clichées.
Prior working experience is not a requirement
What we offer...
- A full-time job in an awesome and multicultural team.We practice what we preach: you will join an international dream team with a strong entrepreneurial esprit.
- A competitive salary
- A great work atmosphere based in learning and teamwork
- The opportunity to work independently: we don’t mind whether you work from your preferred coffee place, your home or from one of the many locations which host our team. Because we know working and being at work is not the same thing.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, we want to hear from you! Send us your CV, motivation letter and relevant design works to email@example.com by September 30th.