India is the world’s fastest growing smartphone market, with 462 million internet users, second only to China. The increasing number of unicorns in the Bangalore area proves that the Indian tech and startup ecosystem is maturing.
In the last few years, Bangalore - or Bengaluru - is among the top 15 leading global ecosystems in advanced manufacturing, AI and robotics, according to Startup Genome’s 2018 ranking. Entrepreneurs from across Asia are increasingly making Bangalore the go-to destination for scaling up their business. From edtech to fintech, the 'Garden City' is progressing at a quick pace.
The benefits of Bangalore’s infrastructure and the abundance of resources led many multinational corporations to follow suit and place their headquarters in the area. Apart from global titans like Amazon and Uber, the list includes infotech businesses like Cognizant, Wipro, Microsoft, SAP, Accenture and Infosys.
Hyderabad has emerged as a rising star for entrepreneurs, giving stiff competition to Bengaluru for the country’s top startup destination. Hyderabad's IT-sector is conveniently backed by the availability of proper infrastructure, skilled manpower, the presence of a large number technical education institutions and a proactive local government.
Are you interested in India's flourishing tech ecosystem? Do you want to enter the gigantic Indian market? Or are you looking for partners on the Indian subcontinent? Then join our Go Global Mission to Bengaluru and Hyderabad from 18 to 22 November, that we organize in close collaboration with Flanders Investment & Trade.
Have a first sneak peak at our innovative program (and there's much more to come!):
- Intro session about the tech and investment ecosystems in Bangalore and Hyderabad by NASSCOM and Startup India.
- Session on how to develop a follow up plan after the mission, and how to raise European funds (INNOWWIDE) for entering the and working in the Indian market with Global Business Inroads.
- Visit of one out of many Indian unicorns (Udaan, Byju, Flipkart, Zomato, Mu Sigma, Ola or InMobi).
- 'Belgian Digital Innovation Networking Event' for the Belgian startups in Bangalore, where we invite investors, industry partners and prospects to network with.
- Full participation in Bangalore Tech Summit, the city's most prominent tech event of the year. (
- Visit of Texas Instruments, one of the first American corporates that opened an asian hub in Bangalore, including a roundtable about the pro's and con's of the Indian market.
- Session with Kris Gopalakrishnan, the former ceo and founder of Infosys, who's running the funding platform Axilor Ventures. Meetings with other key-players in the local ecosystem, such as T-HUB, Hyderabad Angel Network and ISB Dlabs.
- Belgian Networking Drink hosted by the Belgian Consulate in Hyderabad, where you can mingle with Belgian entrepreneurs, investors, industry partners and prospects.
- Session with Belgian companies 3E India and Corsendonk India in Hyderabad.
- Personalized B2B matchmaking by Flanders Investment & Trade, hub.brussels & Awex.
For startups, the price for this mission is 1.590 euro per person, excluding flights and hotels.
For other organizations, the price for this mission is 2.990 euro per person.
In order to guarantee your spot, a 50% downpayment is required upon registration. This payment validates your registration and secures your booking.
Refunds will only be provided if the registrant cancels within 14 days after his/her registration. Afterwards, no refunds will be provided.
Additionally, if you had participated in other Go Global Missions in the last 12 months, you may be eligible for a discount.
MORE DETAILS ON SUBSIDIES & FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR TRAVEL & STAY:
Startups and scale-ups can get a subsidy of Flanders Investment & Trade, Brussels Invest and Export or Awex (depending on where your startup/scale-up is based) for this mission that covers about 50 percent of the costs. It's important that you send them your dossier at the latest two weeks before departure.
The City of Antwerp: Antwerp-based startups can be eligible for a voucher covering up to 75% of the Go Global mission (excluding VAT).
Any doubts regarding this Go Global Conference? Not sure if it's the right event for your startup? Drop us a line!
||Contact Frederik Tibau, Content Director at Startups.be:
Check out our partners for this mission!
Flanders Investment & Trade
||Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) promotes international enterprise in Flanders in a sustainable way as a key factor in the social and economic development of our region. FIT does so by supporting the international activities of Flemish companies and by attracting foreign investors to Flanders
||Wallonia’s digital strategy, platform and brand, Digital Wallonia sets the framework for all of the Walloon Government’s actions in terms of Wallonia’s digital transformation. Over 500 million euros have been harnessed over four years for its implementation.
||hub.brussels aims to contribute to the sustainable development of the Brussels economy by fulfilling a triple task: providing counseling, tools and support for Brussels economic projects and the project leaders, so as to make sure they are successful both in Brussels and abroad; detecting, generating, initiating and attracting new economic, technological and commercial opportunities in Brussels and abroad; and helping the authorities to formulate and implement a proactive economic policy and to ensure a stimulating entrepreneurial ecosystem.