The markets in the Middle East are booming and Dubai has become the region’s epicenter. With the most diversified and open economy of the Gulf Cooperation Council, it is no coincidence that Dubai attracts innovative companies from all over the world. More and more Belgian start-ups and scale-ups recognise the importance of Dubai as one of the world’s most important economical hubs.
In September, Startups.be and BESIX organise a Go Global Mission to Dubai, bridging Belgian and European startups to the UAE ecosystem. Leveraging BESIX's strong presence in Dubai and its over 100 years of experience in being the leading company in construction, property development and concessions, our go global mission to Dubai offers brilliant opportunities for participating startups.
In the centre of Dubai stands the Burj Khalifa tower (formerly called Burj Dubai), the world’s tallest manmade structure. This is one of the impressive projects of BESIX.
The special focus of this great mission will be on startups active in construction and property, and startups that are developing/offering solutions applied in the construction industry:
- Circular economy & sustainability
- Construction 4.0 (Augmented reality, Artificial intelligence, Blockchain, Drones, Project mgt software, Robotics, Virtual reality, 3D printing)
- Digital transformation (IoT, Sensoring, Smart building)
- Energy & treatment (Air treatment, Waste treatment, Water treatment)
- Mobility & infrastructure (Intelligent road, Mobility as a service, New ways of transport)
- New construction material
- Real estate (Elderly, Co-housing, Small & smart)
- Spatial planning (Compact living, Green space, Urban farming)
- Well-being & safety at work.
Join our mission to Dubai and:
- Get to know one of the most thriving tech ecosystems in the world
- Learn the ins and outs of doing business in Dubai
- Participate in Tax and Legal session provided by the Dubai authority
- Mingle with fellow entrepreneurs and European startups located in Dubai
- Visit to the Dubai Future Foundation: the possibility to join one of the groups about the Future of the 3D printing in the construction industry (with the visit of the first office building entirely printed), or the future of blockchain, the future of autonomous transport.
- Visit to The Museum of the Future
- Visit to a construction site led by BESIX
- Networking meetup with the BESIX team
- Visit to accelerators: Dubai Future Accelerator – Dubai Technology Entrepreneur Center – Turn8
- Presentation of Expo 2020
- Selected startups will be pitching to the investment committee of the Investment Corporation of Dubai
The price of the mission to Dubai is 2.900 euro per person (excluding VAT) or 990 euro per person (excluding VAT) for startups.
The price excludes flights and hotel expenses.
Discounts are available for startups with multiple participants enrolling in our Go Global missions in a one year time frame. For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact Philippe Rangoni.
MORE DETAILS ON SUBSIDIES & FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR TRAVEL & STAY:
Any doubts regarding this Go Global Conference? Not sure if it's the right event for your startup? Drop us a line!
Contact Philippe Rangoni, Business Development Director at Startups.be:
Check out the partners!
Startups.be is the one stop shop for Belgian tech entrepreneurs. We partner with startups to reach their global ambition, we facilitate joint innovation with business partners worldwide, and we’re the reference center of expertise in the Belgian startup ecosystem.
A multidisciplinary group with over 100 years experience. Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. This wide-range expertise enables us to handle every aspect of a project, from financing over designing and building to operating and maintaining. Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. In 2016 the Group achieved sales revenues of over EUR 2.4 billion. The Group employs more than 14,000 persons in 20 countries across 4 continents.
About Pulse Foundation
Pulse Foundation was created by entrepreneurs joined together by one philanthropic ideal and ambition: stimulate employment opportunities and encourage entrepreneurship.
Go Global missions are nourished thanks to the support of the Pulse Foundation, encouraging startups as a source of growth and development.
About Flanders Investment & Trade
Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) promotes international enterprise in Flanders in a sustainable way as a key factor in the social and economic development of our region. FIT does so by supporting the international activities of Flemish companies and by attracting foreign investors to Flanders
About Digital Wallonia
Wallonia’s digital strategy, platform and brand, Digital Wallonia sets the framework for all of the Walloon Government’s actions in terms of Wallonia’s digital transformation. Over 500 million euros have been harnessed over four years for its implementation.
About The Brussels-Capital Region
The Brussels-Capital Region supports numerous initiatives to stimulate the economy. Brussels Economy and Employment (BEE) promotes sustainable economic development and job creation in the Brussels-Capital Region with a whole raft of financial assistance measures for businesses. Additionally, BEE promotes the Region among potential foreign investors and encourages foreign trade.