The markets in the Middle East are booming and Dubai has become the region’s epicenter. With the most diversified and open economy of the Gulf Cooperation Council, it is no coincidence that Dubai attracts innovative companies from all over the world. An increasing number of start-ups and scale-ups recognise the importance of Dubai as one of the world's most important economical hubs.
In September, Startups.be and BESIX organise a Go Global Mission to Dubai, bridging Belgian and European startups to the UAE ecosystem. Leveraging BESIX's strong presence in Dubai and its more than 100 years of experience in being the leading company in construction, property development and concessions, our go global mission to Dubai offers brilliant opportunities for participating startups.
In the centre of Dubai stands the Burj Khalifa tower (formerly called Burj Dubai), the world’s tallest manmade structure. This is one of the impressive projects of BESIX.
The special focus of this great mission will be on startups active in construction and property, and startups that are developing/offering solutions applied in the construction industry:
- Circular economy & sustainability
- Construction 4.0 (Augmented reality, Artificial intelligence, Blockchain, Drones, Project mgt software, Robotics, Virtual reality, 3D printing)
- Digital transformation (IoT, Sensoring, Smart building)
- Energy & treatment (Air treatment, Waste treatment, Water treatment)
- Mobility & infrastructure (Intelligent road, Mobility as a service, New ways of transport)
- New construction material
- Real estate (Elderly, Co-housing, Small & smart)
- Spatial planning (Compact living, Green space, Urban farming)
- Well-being & safety at work.
Join our mission to Dubai and:
- Get to know one of the most thriving tech ecosystems in the world
- Learn the ins and outs of doing business in Dubai
- Mingle with fellow entrepreneurs and European startups located in Dubai
Monday 24 September 2018
- Open a business in Dubai: Tax & legal issues by PKF
- Settlemint: vision from a Belgian firm located in Dubai
- Introduction to In5 Tech Knowledge Village
Lunch and meetup with entrepreneurs
- Introduction to the Dubai free zones
- Visit of Dubai Silicon Oasis
- Meetup with entrepreneurs @ Dubai Silicon Oasis
Evening: networking event
Tuesday 25 September 2018
- Visit to the BESIX Royal Atlantis construction site
- Visit of the Dubai Future Foundation, focussing on Blockchain, 3D printing, autonomous transport and Area 2071
- Visit to Dubai Design District and Re:Urban Studio
- Meetup with architects in residence and entrepreneurs
- Meetup with BESIX
Wednesday 26 September 2018
- Visit of the Cribb Accelerator
- Presentation by Turn8, a venture fund comprised of a growth accelerator program complemented by a follow-on investment fund
- Pitching of selected startups
Walking lunch and meetup with entrepreneurs in residence
- Presentation of Dubai 2020 and the opportunities offered to startups
The price of the mission to Dubai is 2.900 euro per person (excluding VAT) or 990 euro per person (excluding VAT) for startups.
The price excludes flights and hotel expenses.
We have arranged preferential rates at the Novotel Dubai Al Barsha hotel (AED 271/- + 20% + 5% + AED 15/- tourism fee incl of breakfast). This hotel is centrally located with respect to the planned visits, and will also be the place where some activities will take place. We therefore recommend you to stay at this hotel. Mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name as in your passport if you want us to pre-book rooms for you. You will pay the hotel upon check-out.
Disclaimer: program subject to changes should the need arise.
Discounts are available for startups with multiple participants enrolling in our Go Global missions in a one year time frame. For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact Jan Bormans.
MORE DETAILS ON SUBSIDIES & FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR TRAVEL & STAY:
Any doubts regarding this Go Global Conference? Not sure if it's the right event for your startup? Drop us a line!
Check out the partners!
Startups.be is the one stop shop for Belgian tech entrepreneurs. We partner with startups to reach their global ambition, we facilitate joint innovation with business partners worldwide, and we’re the reference center of expertise in the Belgian startup ecosystem.
A multidisciplinary group with over 100 years experience. Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. This wide-range expertise enables us to handle every aspect of a project, from financing over designing and building to operating and maintaining. Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. In 2016 the Group achieved sales revenues of over EUR 2.4 billion. The Group employs more than 14,000 persons in 20 countries across 4 continents.
About Pulse Foundation
Pulse Foundation was created by entrepreneurs joined together by one philanthropic ideal and ambition: stimulate employment opportunities and encourage entrepreneurship.
Go Global missions are nourished thanks to the support of the Pulse Foundation, encouraging startups as a source of growth and development.
About Flanders Investment & Trade
Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) promotes international enterprise in Flanders in a sustainable way as a key factor in the social and economic development of our region. FIT does so by supporting the international activities of Flemish companies and by attracting foreign investors to Flanders
About Digital Wallonia
Wallonia’s digital strategy, platform and brand, Digital Wallonia sets the framework for all of the Walloon Government’s actions in terms of Wallonia’s digital transformation. Over 500 million euros have been harnessed over four years for its implementation.
About The Brussels-Capital Region
The Brussels-Capital Region supports numerous initiatives to stimulate the economy. Brussels Economy and Employment (BEE) promotes sustainable economic development and job creation in the Brussels-Capital Region with a whole raft of financial assistance measures for businesses. Additionally, BEE promotes the Region among potential foreign investors and encourages foreign trade.