The startup landscape in Hong Kong is still young, but the city is heating up its scene as it feels Shenzhen breathing down its neck, the tech megalopolis of about 20 million people that’s just across the border with China.
Do you want to discover the fast-growing Shenzhen and Hong Kong tech ecosystems, attend Asia’s most important startup conference (Rise Conference), and - while doing so - meet all the important players in the local communities?
The special focus of this fantastic mission will be on startups active in IOT, health and fintech.
Our program for the five day mission includes:
- Belgian meetup with local investors, ecosystem specialists and VC's (including pitches).
- Session InvestHK with introduction to the Hong Kong ecosystems in fintech, AI, health and IOT (with representatives and startups of Cyberport and HK Science & Technology Parks).
- General introduction to the Hong Kong startup ecosystem by WHub, the 'Startups.be' of Hong Kong / Launch of the 2018 HK Ecosystem toolbox.
- Session Sinnolabs, the Belgian growth accelerator for innovative European scale-ups in China. We'll discuss the Chinese tech industry and practicalities with regards to getting started on the Chinese market, setting up businesses and partnerships, and all legal implications.
- One day visit of RISE Conference and some of the numerous side-events. Delegates get a full RISE pass, and have access to the networking app. Prepare for some legendary networking with all the important local ecosystem players!
- Pitch to Silk Ventures in Shenzhen, China's new $500 million super fund that invests in European scale-ups. Silk is also inviting Chinese industry partners to join the party.
- Visit of Huaqiangbei in Shenzhen, the world's largest electronics market.
- Belgian session and networking event at KBC Hong Kong, intro to banking in HK & China; whats happening in HK in health, AI, fintech and IoT; experiences from local HK IoT startup ORII, ...
- Visit of Open Innovation Lab Shenzhen.
- Session at the world famous HAX Accelerator in Shenzhen, including the IndieBIO program.
- B2B meetings provided by Flanders Investment & Trade, Brussels Invest & Export and Awex.
- Session at Shenzhen Valley Ventures with i.a. SenseTime (the world's most valuable AI startup) and the Belgian startup Linedock (in cooperation with ChinaEU).
The price of the mission to Hong Kong / Shenzhen / Rise Conference is 5.500 euro per person (excluding VAT) or 2.400 euro per person (excluding VAT) for startups.
Hotel and a ticket for the RISE conference are included in the price, but the price excludes flights.
Discounts are available for startups with multiple participants enrolling in our Go Global missions in a one year time frame. For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact Frederik Tibau.
MORE DETAILS ON SUBSIDIES & FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR TRAVEL & STAY:
Startups and scale-ups can get a subsidy of Flanders Investment & Trade, Brussels Invest and Export or Awex (depending on where your startup/scale-up is based) for this mission that covers about 50 percent of the costs. It's important that you send them your dossier at the latest two weeks before departure.
The City of Antwerp: Antwerp-based startups can be eligible for a voucher covering up to 75% of the Go Global mission (excluding VAT).
Any doubts regarding this Go Global Mission? Not sure if it's the right event for your startup? Drop us a line!
||Contact Frederik Tibau, Content Director at Startups.be:
Check out the partners!
Startups.be is the one stop shop for Belgian tech entrepreneurs. We partner with startups to reach their global ambition, we facilitate joint innovation with business partners worldwide, and we’re the reference center of expertise in the Belgian startup ecosystem.
About Pulse Foundation
Pulse Foundation was created by entrepreneurs joined together by one philanthropic ideal and ambition: stimulate employment opportunities and encourage entrepreneurship.
About Flanders Investment & Trade
||Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) promotes international enterprise in Flanders in a sustainable way as a key factor in the social and economic development of our region. FIT does so by supporting the international activities of Flemish companies and by attracting foreign investors to Flanders
About Digital Wallonia
||Wallonia’s digital strategy, platform and brand, Digital Wallonia sets the framework for all of the Walloon Government’s actions in terms of Wallonia’s digital transformation. Over 500 million euros have been harnessed over four years for its implementation.
About The Brussels-Capital Region
||The Brussels-Capital Region supports numerous initiatives to stimulate the economy. Brussels Economy and Employment (BEE) promotes sustainable economic development and job creation in the Brussels-Capital Region with a whole raft of financial assistance measures for businesses. Additionally, BEE promotes the Region among potential foreign investors and encourages foreign trade.
ChinaEU is a business-led International Association based in Brussels, it has been set up as a forum to foster cooperation, trade and investment in digital products and services between Europe and China, and promoting common ICT standards.