London keeps defending its title as Europe's number one tech hub. According to figures published by London & Partners, venture capital firms pumped more than €1.2bn into the city's tech sector over the last six months.
The tech sector attracted more venture capital over that period than any other European city since the Brexit vote, including Berlin, Paris and Amsterdam. Also in terms of numbers of new digital tech businesses, London has seen the strongest growth of any other European country (+ 42% in a five year timeframe).
More than 100 of Europe's 500 largest companies - together with 75% of the Fortune 500 companies - have set up shop in London. Last year the city hosted 22,000 tech related events - nearly three times as many as Berlin, Amsterdam or Paris.
To discover London's startup ecosystem, Startups.be is organizing a high-level GoGlobal mission to the city from 6 to 8 December. The special focus of the mission will be on startups active in the media and entertainment industries (M&E).
What's in it for me?
- Get feedback from experts about the UK-market.
- Get to know the biggest tech ecosystem in Europe.
- Learn about tax and legal issues from renowned specialists.
- Speed date with relevant people in your industry.
- Validate your ideas with UK experts and professionals.
- Identify potential partners and clients in London.
- Pitch your startup to local VC’s, mentors and M&E professionals.
- Meet other founders with similar products or attracting a similar audience.
- Get inspired by the most promising startups in Media and Entertainment of the moment.
- Follow an individual matchmaking track offered by Microsoft.
- Learn from Belgian startups Showpad and StoryMe about their experiences in London.
- Engage with representatives of Flanders Investment & Trade, Brussels Invest & Export, Awex and the Belgian Luxemburg Chamber of Commerce, and relevant people in their respective networks.
- Visit Microsoft Accelerator and learn from Belgian participants.
The price of the mission to London is 750 euro (without VAT), excluding hotel and train ticket.
MORE DETAILS ON FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR TRAVEL & STAY:
Any doubts regarding this Go Global Mission? Not sure if it's the right event for your startup? Drop us a line!
Contact Frederik Tibau, Content Director at Startups.be: