About the Mission
San Francisco is usually thought of as the epicenter of the West Coast tech boom. And while the bay area is more established, Seattle has also evolved into a very attractive tech hub, thanks to a blossoming tech pool led by giants such as Amazon, Microsoft and Tableau (Salesforce).
San Francisco might still be the startup capital of the world, but Seattle has a leg up when it comes to the most impactful technologies for the future: the cloud capital of the world is also turning into a hub for AI, machine learning and digital health.
This September, Startups.be & Scale-Ups.eu organize their first tech startup and scale-up mission to the ‘Silicon Valley of the North’, in combination with a visit to Vancouver, ranked as the best city in the world for startups in 2017.
Vancouver, the home base of Slack and Hootsuite amongst many others, beats the competition with its high quality of life, good access to office space, the abundance of talent, the availability of big shot investors and the ease of starting a business, while being close to the Bay Area and to Seattle.
Join us for our week-long mission to Seattle and Vancouver, organized in close collaboration with Flanders Investment & Trade, hub.brussels and Awex. You get to learn about the Vancouver tech scene at Vancouver Startup Week, visit Amazon, Microsoft, Tableau and many other tech giants in Seattle and pitch to local investors & mingle with fellow Belgian entrepreneurs & investors that know the area inside out.
Discover the program
We’re still working on the full program, but here’s already a first look at what you can expect:
- Session with Vancouver Economic Commission: get to know all the ins and outs of taking your business to Vancouver, and discover the opportunities that the city has in store for your company.
- Learn from Belgian entrepreneurs and investors that are active in the region - ClearINK Displays, Unity, ....
- Participate in Vancouver Startup Week, Vancouvers most important event for startups and scale-ups.
- Connect with Vancouvers most important incubators, accelerators and investors, such as FrontFundr, Foresight and Launch Academy.
- Introduce your company to local investors, prospects and partners during the Belgian Pitch and Networking Event as part of Vancouver Startup Week.
- Personalized B2B matchmaking by Flanders Investment & Trade, hub.brussels & Awex.
- Dedicated visits of Microsoft HQ and Amazon HQ. Meet with execs from both companies and discuss how they can help you with your plans in the US and beyond.
Visit of Tableau Software, the American specialist in data visualization, that has just been acquired by Salesforce.
- Learn from Belgian entrepreneurs that are active in the region - Humanista Projects, Creativeskills.be, ...
- Session with the Seattle Office of Economic Development: get to know all the ins and outs of taking your business to Seattle, and discover the opportunities that the city has in store for your company.
- Introduce your company to local investors, prospects and partners during the Belgian Digital Innovation Pitch Event in Seattle.
- Connect with Seattles most important incubators, accelerators and investors, such as Create33, Coplex, Fledge and Maveron.
- Personalized B2B matchmaking by Flanders Investment & Trade, hub.brussels & Awex
Travel & Hotel booking
The delegation will stay at the Kingston Hotel in Vancouver from Sunday September 15 to Wednesday September 18. In Seattle, we stay at the MAX hotel, from Wednesday September 18 till Saturday September 21. Please contact our travel agency ALK Reizen for the best hotel rates and flight proposals!
For startups, the price for this mission is 1.590 euro per person, excluding flights and hotels (although the transport from Vancouver to Seattle is included in the price).
For other organizations, the price for this mission is 2.990 euro per person.
In order to guarantee your spot, a 50% downpayment is required upon registration. This payment validates your registration and secures your booking.
Refunds will only be provided if the registrant cancels within 14 days after his/her registration. Afterwards, no refunds will be provided.
Additionally, if you had participated in other Go Global Missions in the last 12 months, you may be eligible for a discount.
Subsidies & Funding Opportunities
Startups and scale-ups can get a subsidy of Flanders Investment & Trade, Brussels Invest and Export or Awex (depending on where your startup/scale-up is based) for this mission that covers about 50 percent of the costs. It's important that you send them your dossier at the latest two weeks before departure.
Discover available subsidies based on where your company is located:
Other subsidies you can explore:
Antwerp-based startups can be eligible for a voucher covering up to 75% of the Go Global mission (excluding VAT).
Any doubts regarding this Go Global Conference? Not sure if it's the right event for your startup? Drop us a line!
||Contact Frederik Tibau, Content Director at Startups.be:
Check out the partners!
About Flanders Investment & Trade
Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) promotes international enterprise in Flanders in a sustainable way as a key factor in the social and economic development of our region. FIT does so by supporting the international activities of Flemish companies and by attracting foreign investors to Flanders
About Digital Wallonia
Wallonia’s digital strategy, platform and brand, Digital Wallonia sets the framework for all of the Walloon Government’s actions in terms of Wallonia’s digital transformation. Over 500 million euros have been harnessed over four years for its implementation.
||hub.brussels aims to contribute to the sustainable development of the Brussels economy by fulfilling a triple task: providing counseling, tools and support for Brussels economic projects and the project leaders, so as to make sure they are successful both in Brussels and abroad; detecting, generating, initiating and attracting new economic, technological and commercial opportunities in Brussels and abroad; and helping the authorities to formulate and implement a proactive economic policy and to ensure a stimulating entrepreneurial ecosystem.