Stockholm is one of the undisputed startup hotspots in the world. What makes the home of Spotify and Minecraft so interesting for entrepreneurs and for investors? Why are so many unicorns created in the Swedish capital? What’s Stockholm’s secret sauce? Join us on our GoGlobal mission in October and find out!
When you consider the number of unicorns per capita, Sweden is the most productive tech hub in the world after Silicon Valley. Venture capitalist Atomico did some research and found out that the Scandinavian country accounts for 6.3 companies with a valuation of at least one billion dollars per million inhabitants. In Silicon Valley it’s about 8.1 businesses per million.
Although they represent only two percent of the global GDP, the Scandinavian countries account for 10 percent of the billion dollar exits in the world. Sweden alone represents more than half of those exits. Skype, Spotify, Candy Crush, Minecraft, Klarna, ...: they all originated in the Stockholm area.
To discover Sweden’s and Stockholm’s secret ingredient, Startups.be and Jong Voka Oost-Vlaanderen are organizing a three-day GoGlobal mission to the city from 25 to 28 October. We’re preparing a high-level program for our participants, that starts on Wednesday October 25, and finishes on Friday-evening October 27th. We fly home on Saturday-morning October 28.
We tried to keep the price for this mission as low as possible. For an all-in package of 750 euro, participants get a spot in a shared twin room with two beds. For 990 euro all-in, participants can join the delegation in a single room. Flights, hotel, transport from and to the airport, one evening diner and some nice extras are all included in the price.
About the program
What we have in store for you? We’re compiling the full program as we speak, but here’s a sneak peek (we’ll have our full-fledged program ready and online in a couple of weeks):
- A visit of Spotify, one of the most iconic tech companies in Europe.
- Session at SUP46, the leading start-up hub in Sweden and one of the leading tech hubs in the world.
- Visit of King, the maker of Candy Crush saga, and one of the most influential game companies ever.
- Visit of StoryMe, a Belgian startup with on office in Stockholm. Evening event with StoryMe-crew.
- Session about the startup ecosystem in Stockholm (Stockholm Business Region Development).
- Session at Nordic Capital, one of the most important venture capital firms in the world.
- Pitch-event to be confirmed.
- Visit of top Swedish start-ups Detectify (security); LifeSum (health); H&D Wireless (IOT); …
MORE DETAILS ON FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR TRAVEL & STAY:
Any doubts regarding this Go Global Conference? Not sure if it's the right event for your startup? Drop us a line!
Contact Frederik Tibau, Content Director at Startups.be:
This campaign is organized by: